We had so much fun, we did it again.
Guest: John Allspaw (VP of Technical Operations at Etsy; Frequent public speaker and writer)
- OpsCamp San Francisco and OpsCamp Austin were both great
- John's "How much time are you spending in the muck?"... no link available because he won't write it down :)
- Opscode (John's current company)
- DTO Solutions (Damon's current company)
- Today's guest is John Allspaw
- John Allspaw talked about his path from Friendster to Flickr to Etsy
- John Allspaw's presentation at Velocity '09: "10+ Deploys Per Day: Dev and Ops Cooperation at Flickr"
- Velocity Conference is coming up
- DevOps Days (US edition will be June 25 at LinkedIn HQ in Mountain View, CA)
- John Allspaw's book "The Art of Capacity Planning" is available now
- John Allspaw's book "Web Operations: Keeping the Data On Time" is available for pre-order
- John Allspaw blogs also
- Faceball: ready for a comeback?
- A lot of the discussion focused on metrics and culture (as usual)
- John Allspaw likes ganglia
- Etsy is hiring
- WebOps Visualizations photo pool on Flickr (people sharing their metrics dashboards)
- If you see John Willis at CloudCamp Detroit or Gluecon, buy him a beer