Microsoft and DevOps.
Jeffrey Snover (Microsoft) join John and Damon for a chat about bringing DevOps ideas into a classic organization like Microsoft, writing the Monad Manifesto, inventing PowerShell, automating in a Windows environment, reaching out to open source tool makers, and a trip down systems management memory lane.
- Jeffrey Snover is a Distinguished Engineer at Microsoft
- Jeffrey is the Lead Architect for Windows Server and Windows System Center
- Jeffrey is inventor of PowerShell
- The Monad Manifesto (from 2002) was the seminal positioning paper that became PowerShell
- There is now a PowerShell Summit (currently sold out... waitlist only)
- John Willis works for Enstratus
- Damon Edwards works for DTO Solutions
Please leave comments or questions below and we'll read them on the show!